Wednesday, July 31, 2013


Ok

So like I said in my last post 3 months ago, I have a fear of failing. 

I start things, and don’t finish them more then half the time.

 

It’s sad. And ridiculous. And  not going to continue.

I am also a BIG procrastinator and that has nothing to do with be afraid of failing. 

Nope. Not. One. Little. BIT!

I’m just LAZY busy…..

 

So, here I go back on the run, get fit, get healthy, and blogging train…

CHOO CHOO people. 

 

Anyways, the other day I had a magical experience in the shower

(Get your minds out of the gutter people!)

Let me start by telling a little story. Join me will you?

 

I don’t remember how far back but my good friend Roni Sue told me that they were bringing back old school Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner.
 

Old designs, old smells.

 

Just hearing that this was in the works made me instantly transport back to high school for a second.  A few weeks later, we were sitting outside in her driveway and she alerted me to the fact that her head, right then and there, did in fact smell like the best smell ever…

 

I am NOT ashamed to say I totally sniffed her head.

It may have gotten weird for a second but let me tell you…..

I was totally taken back and the songs No Scrubs by TLC and Semi-Charmed Kind of Life by Third Eye Blind began to play in my head.  If I had been alone I probably would have started to dance and sing right there in her driveway.

 

Fast Forward to last week.

On my vacation I actually purchased some of this awesome shampoo and conditioner while I was on vacation. 

 

(I am not embarrassed to tell you that when I bought it in Target I stood there in the beauty aisle for about 15 minutes just sniffing the shampoo…)    

 

I knew when I opened the bottle in the shower it was going to be an orgasmic AMAZING experience.

 

As soon as the stuff hit my head and I started to swish the soapy goodness all around my head, the old commercials (yes the ones where the women all moan and moan as they are just washing their hair) came flooding my memory and I was instantly transported back in time.

I forgot I was in Cordova and was actually back in California, lying on my trampoline in the backyard, in the sun, in my shorts and tank top, listening to LIT and Oasis and Matchbox 20 (Umm HELLLLOOOO lead singer ROB!!!)
(My girlies from high school)
 
 

 
(can we say prom date 2001)

All I can say was that it was a wonderful experience and everyone should get this shampoo and conditioner.

 

Is there any smells that take you instantly back to a particular place and time?

 

Till next time…..

No comments:

Post a Comment